The New Thermage CPT
In the last few years, there has been an enormous demand for a technology that safely and effectively tightens the skin beyond the minimal results achieved with topical creams and less invasive and costly surgical procedures.
Thermage was first introduced in 2002 as the first non-invasive skin tightening and contouring procedure and has since attracted huge world-wide attention with over 500,000 treatments performed in 80 countries. It acquired FDA clearance for the treatment of wrinkles and cellulite and is the only non-invasive treatment FDT approved for eyelid drooping. Nevertheless, the first machine, still in current use in many clinics, had a few downfalls. Some unpredictability about the results, significant discomfort during the treatment and the very high cost to run hence rather expensive to have.
To our extreme delight, the technology has been significantly modified and only recently the new modified Thermage machine has been released and we are proud to be the one of the first clinics in WA to acquire this very promising equipment.
How does it work?
Thermage uses unique radiofrequency technology to safely heat the deeper layers of skin while providing cooling to the surface. This deep heating stimulates the skin’s natural renewal process which helps tighten existing collagen and stimulates new collagen production. Results improve over time with noticeable improvement at 3 months.
What is Thermage used for?
- Loose jowls or lack of definition of jaw line
- Sagging skin under the chin (turkey neck)
- Overall improvement on skin tone, fine lines and saggy skin face and neck
- Excess skin upper eyelids (hooding)
- Tired looking eyes, wrinkles and lines, crepey skin texture
- Wrinkles, crepey or sagged skin on the tummy, knees, arms, legs, hands or buttock
- Appearance of cellulite
The actual treatment takes about two hours and is well toleratedwithout anaesthesia. As the heat is directed to the deeper layers of the skin, the skin remains intact after the treatment, hence no downtime. Only one treatment is usually required to get the full benefits.
Improvement from the old system
- Improved efficiency due to uniform heating and increased volume of tissue reaching desired temperature
- Less discomfort during the treatment attributed to the addition of a new vibrating hand piece that enhances patient comfort
- New body tips for faster and more effective treatment
- Reduced running costs hence more affordable for patients
For more information on Thermage, please visit www.thermage.com